The costs and damage related to domestic and international travel are covered by bajaj allianz travel insurance. It covers financial loss due to a variety of unanticipated occurrences that one typically tries to ignore while arranging the holiday or a trip, such as theft, passing away, medical problems, lost luggage, flight delays, etc.
Functions of travel insurance
- Whatever the reason for travel, whether domestically or internationally, a person should purchase travel insurance before leaving.
- Be sure to thoroughly study the recommendations, terms, and conditions to determine the coverage that is appropriate in your situation.
- In the event of an accident while travelling, you would need to submit a claim.
- Give the insurance company the required paperwork so they can handle your claim. For various types of claims, there are different procedures.
- If the essential costs are covered by insurance, one can pay for them. Later, the insurance provider will reimburse the sum.
- Inform the insurance provider by phone or email if there is a crisis while you are travelling.
- Use the insurance company’s contact information, such as a toll-free number or the email address listed on the policy document, to get in touch with them.
- A claims service representative will assist you in filing a claim, understanding the procedure for doing so, and obtaining the supporting documentation needed for that particular policy.
- Download the appropriate claim form.
- Submit the properly completed claim form together with the necessary documentation.
- An insurance company-appointed surveyor will evaluate the documentation.
- The business will determine whether to accept or reject the policy following an evaluation.
Documents required for claims processing
Different sets of documentation would be required in various circumstances. In order for the insurance company to handle claims, a number of important papers must be provided, including:
- Original boarding pass or ticket
- A copy of the passport with the dates of travel
- Demand form
- Original receipts, bills, and vouchers
- Medical invoices with prescriptions, authentic admission/discharge cards, and doctor’s consultation notes are required for medical claims.
- Emergency travel authorisation plus a copy of a new passport (in case of loss of passport)
- Information on any compensation given by airlines (in case of loss of checked baggage)
- Message from policyholder outlining the cause for the trip’s cancellation
- Copy of a cancelled check
Time spent on claim settlement
The final settlement of the claim will occur after the submission and acceptance of the necessary documents, which will take about 15 working days.
The scenarios and cases that you can encounter when travelling are not all covered by travel insurance. If the claim has been filed due to one of the following circumstances, the insurance will not be obligated to pay:
- Health issues that are already present
- Radiation poisoning
- Fatal sports accidents
- Self-inflicted harm
- Using a vehicle that isn’t authorised to transport people
- Surgery costs, unless they resulted from an accident
- If not notified within 24 hours of the incident, lost luggage
- Loss of some of your checked baggage
- Pregnancy-related medical emergencies, such as abortion or miscarriage
- War break-out claims
- Medical emergency brought on by alcohol use
- Claiming alternative medicine to allopathy
Benefits of travel insurance
- Medical expenses: A bajaj allianz travel insurance protects against the possibility of unforeseen costs for situations like accidents, operations, and emergency medical evacuation.
- Mishandling of luggage: With travel insurance, your luggage will either be replaced with new luggage, or your money will be reimbursed, depending on your coverage.
- Trip cancellation: You might be required to cancel your trip due to inclement weather or technical difficulties. However, you can get your money back with the aid of trip cancellation coverage in travel insurance.
Always make sure you follow the due process of bajaj allianz travel insurance renewal to get maximum coverage.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!